Premium Payment

Pay now
Home » Trucking Authority Packages

Trucking Authority Packages

MC Number (Motor Carrier Number): An interstate operating authority and unique identifier assigned by the FMCSA to moving companies operating in interstate commerce.

A BOC-3 filing (“Designation of Agents for Service of Process”): A federal filing in the United States that assigns a process agent to accept legal documents on behalf of a transportation or logistics company in each state in which the company is authorized to do business. **If you ever make any changes to your MC# such as an address, name, phone number, you will need to file a new BOC-3 or your MC# will be put on the inactive list 30 days late** The cost for each individual Operating Authority is a one-time US Federal Filing Fee of $300

USDOT Number: Serves as a unique identifier when collecting and monitoring a company’s safety information acquired during audits, compliance reviews, crash investigations, and inspections.

UCR (Unified Carrier Registration program): A federally mandated system for registering operators of commercial vehicles who are involved in interstate and international travel. This annual UCR filing must be renewed by December 31 each year. **All interstate carriers must have UCR state registration to operate**

IRP (International Registration Plan): An agreement between the 48 contiguous states (and Canada) which provides the payment of licensing fees dependent upon the distance operated across all jurisdictions. (It means you’re licensed to participate in interstate transportation.)

IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement): An agreement between the 48 contiguous states (and Canada) that simplifies fuel tax collection. It means that you can travel between jurisdictions and ensures each state has a share of revenue to support roads and transportation.

An IRP and IFTA account are required for companies that have vehicles crossing state lines that are over 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or have 3 or more axles on the power unit

Weight Distance Permits (Simple Permits): There are a handful of states — KYU Number, New York HUT, New Mexico Weight Distance, and Oregon Weight and Distance Permits— that assess carriers with a “weight-distance” tax. These state-specific weight-distance taxes are in addition to the heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT), IFTA, and IRP.

Kentucky, New Mexico, and New York require weight distance permits to operate, and Oregon requires a permit and bond. You’ll need the Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) if you’re moving military, government, international, or intermodal loads.

DOT Drug and Alcohol Consortium: Any person operating a CMV requiring a CDL in intrastate or interstate commerce is required to participate in a DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program. Owner-operators must register with a consortium and participate in the Consortium’s random testing pool.



Standard Trucking:  MC Number, BOC-3 Filing, USDOT

Package Starting at $425.00

Choice Trucking:  MC Number, BOC-3 Filing, USDOT, UCR

Package Starting $500.00

Premium Trucking: MC Number, BOC-3 Filing, USDOT, UCR, IRP/IFTA SETUP

Package Starting at $1020.00

Superior Trucking: MC Number, BOC-3 Filing, USDOT, UCR, IRP/IFTA SETUP, DOT Drug and Alcohol Consortium
Package Starting at $1220.00


Quick Quote Form

©2024. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.